Original PDF File
View directly in browser
|125 KB||View in browser|
Administrador de contenidos
23 April 21
International Colloquium "THE NOTARY AT A DISTANCE OF THE PARTIES".
Notary Law/Notary responsibility
• Is the physical appearance before a notary a sine qua non of authenticity?
• Are adaptations implied by the distance between the notary and the parties only technical?
• Should the virtual presence of the parties (or their representatives) be treated as a physical presence?
• What is behind the reluctance of certain jurists to the receipt of notarial acts outside the presence of the parties (e.g., weakening of legal certainty and of confidentiality, greater difficulty in exercising the duty to provide legal advice, devaluation of the notarial deed)?
• Does the authentic instrument received by a notary at a distance from the parties contravene the fundamental principles of the Latin notariat?
• Does the authorization of the signing of such a notarial deed by parties abroad violate the principle of international comity?.
Intervention of Cyril NOURISSAT, Associate Professor, Faculties of Law of the University Jean Moulin, Lyon 3, France, in the webinar under the auspices of the International Union of Notaries (UINL) and the Chamber of Notaries of Québec.
Marker lat / long: 46, 3 (WGS84)